Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Journey 2 - Why?

Do people talk much during 8K races? What about 5K races? Not much. I am a Sanguine (High I on DISC). That means talking is what I do. Good, bad, or ugly, I get energy from talking and people.

Over half-way through the race we were at a narrow place in the path. I came upon a hard working lady in her 30's. She wanted to let me by. I told her I had never participated in a trail run. I said, this is fun! She said, me neither, my goal is to finish without stopping, feel free to pass me. She was pleasant. I agreed with her, my purpose was the same and I passed her.

Still not sure how many people ran Saturday. Maybe 75-100. All kinds of people, all kinds of purposes. Purpose drove everybody. You don't run 5 miles on a hot spring morning through woods, hills, streams, and open fields without purpose.

Rick Warren said, The most basic question everyone faces in life is, 'Why Am I Here?' When is the last time you took a hard look at that question? How you run the race will be influenced by your answer. The people who pass you will be influenced, too.

No comments: