Monday, May 5, 2008

Brush Off Your Bottom

In life, you're going to get knocked down sometimes. No one is successful all the time. Learn to brush off your bottom, spit on your palms and say, I think I'll go another round. Then you will be a winner.

The balence is not always simple. 1) When do you quit? 2) When do you look in the mirror and say, why do I keep losing? . . . or in a more famous statement, Lord, is it I? 3) When do you brush off your bottom?

Sometimes in TOL my purpose is to wonder about the answers but not give them. In other words, I seldom actually know them. I act smug and say, Oh weedhopper, the wisdom of the ages is for you to discover on your own. I don't know the answer to today's question.

For today, let's pick the easy one. I'll have a number three please, and hold the mayo. Are you on a losing streak? Follow George Forman's advice. He won the world heavyweight boxing championship at age 45.

BTW, this weekend I place 61st in the Riverfest 5K. Two goals not met were: 1) finish in the top third (missed by two spots) 2) set a new personal record (26.13 was my time missed by 4 seconds). One goal I did meet: I beat frogman. I need to pick out a new nemisis.

No comments: