Friday, May 30, 2008

Boxer Briefs, Thank You Points, and G-Mail

I mentioned advice last week. If we watch and listen there are all kinds of tips on how to have a better life. I heard Chris Ruppe www.chrisruppe.com rant one day about boxer briefs. I had never heard of them at the time. He told me how they would change my life. Without getting personal (they did not change my life), I am enjoying a pair as we speak. Great advice.

Neal is a Thank You Points www.thankyou.com freak. I had him explain the concept. I will never be as good at Thank You Points as Neal, but thousands of points later, great advice. Dustin said G-mail. I do whatever Dustin www.dustinwillis.com says. Great advice.

I do see a pattern here, although boxer briefs, Thank You Points, or G-mail will not get me to heaven when I die, nor will they change the world.

Henry Cloud wrote a mediocre book with a fascinating concept in 9 Things You Simply Must Do. He defined a group of people called deja vu people. He called them this because when you meet them you feel like you have met them before. You haven't, but it is the way they do things that seems familiar. None of us can surround ourselves with these people every day. But, be sure to take advantage of when you are around them. Watch and learn.

From the Bible, Psalm chapter 1, addresses wisdom on a spiritual level. Take a look while you are out today. People will show up that are worth watching.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dino... I am scarred for life now... I never wanted to think about your underwear. :-)

I agree with Dustin about GMail... It allows you to pull all your other accounts into one central place. Microsoft LiveWriter is a great tool to use to write blog posts too.

CRJ/DJS said...

Sorry for the damage. TOL is not responsible for any personal injury as a result of mental images produced by reading.

I do prefer the briefs over G-mail Chris, if you are asking for a consumer satisfaction report.

Chris Ruppe said...

Awesome! I have been quoted in a blog. That is really cool.

Let me say this... in your blog you point out that blogs will not get anyone into heaven or change the world. I have to disagree. You might not get to heaven but if more people would put on their boxers this world would be a happier place. That cannot be a bad thing.

That is my 2 cents worth.

PS I hate to challenge your memory... but are you sure Dustin recommended g-mail? I thought I did. We were at his "office" (if that is what you call that house we met at.) I recommeded that you get a gmail account so we could use google Documents to do our work on Cypress. If this is true... then I gave you two life changing tools. AWESOME! Take that Golden Boy Dustin!

CRJ/DJS said...

Read the blog Ruppe (formerly Golden) boy. I said "boxer briefs, thank you points, or g-mail will not get you to heaven."

No, Dustin was first with g-mail, although you have taught me more about g-mail than Dustin. I guess in a metaphorical sense, Dustin evangelized me and your took the role of discipler/mentor. Thanks. I am wearing boxer briefs right now.

Dino

CRJ/DJS said...

Read the blog Ruppe (formerly Golden) boy. I said "boxer briefs, thank you points, or g-mail will not get you to heaven."

No, Dustin was first with g-mail, although you have taught me more about g-mail than Dustin. I guess in a metaphorical sense, Dustin evangelized me and your took the role of discipler/mentor. Thanks. I am wearing boxer briefs right now.

Dino

Anonymous said...

I have been a boxer brief user as soon as my pic out what I wanted to wear. They are amazing and glad you've joined the club, as weird as that sounds.... Hmmm.