Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Yesterday's Exception - STOP FIRST

As I read my own blog (what egos we bloggers have!) and admired the content, I noticed an exception to my don't change yet approach. I stand by the principle, but the order of the action steps need alteration at times.

The Bible calls the exception sin. I don't mind using Bible words, but if you are not a Bible person the words can make things foggy. Sin is hurtful actions that are anti-God and anti-people (they are the same thing, you know). I am not angry about anybodies' sin but my own. But, I hate to see people damage God's plan (best intentions) and each other.

Whether it is a spray bottle for our cat, or an old fashion twisting of the ear for our children, some actions need to be stopped, NOW. What are they for you?

However, to stay stopped, permanently, you need to follow yesterday's steps. Your system, way of thinking, environment, and humanity, will suck you right back in if you don't. Prepare for change. Press. Run. Enjoy the marathon. You are not alone.

1 comment:

Sid said...

I thought the way that it worked was that EVERYONE except me was to change ! I look foward each day to a change & then fall back into the "same ol'"...but that is part of the race isn't it ??

Good stuff as always ,

"RR"