Saturday, August 30, 2008

Dark Knight - A Better Class of Criminal

Fast Track Review: From beginning to end you are falling out of a plane. The time flew by.

Best Scene in the Movie: The First One - The School Bus Bank Robbery

Best Actor - Heath Ledger (Joker) - I have a mind of my own, but everyone is right about this one. He dominated the movie from beginning to end. This is not your father's Joker.

Best Line (s) - Wanta see a pencil disappear (Joker, before he jams it in some one's eye) This city deserves a better class of criminal and I am going to give it to them (Guess Who?).

Most Overrated - The Violence - Except for Two-Faces' Face - Intensity should keep the kids away, but the majority of the violence is cut away stuff. Little or no profanity.

Most Underrated - Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman) (the pathos, the pressure). Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman), but I have never seen him in a movie that I didn't love his character.

Would I See it Again? - ASAP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's the best Joker?

Jack or Heath? :)

CRJ/DJS said...

Comparing Oranges to Tennis Balls. I liked them both. They both are pretty dark too, so Ledger did not invent the dark joker. Ledger wins in my book, but not by as wide a margin as some would give. Probably Jack was the darkest from the Batman series until Ledger. Thanks Quinn.