Friday, August 29, 2008

A Day Late - No Perfect Season

I made this one up . . . My definition of the future: The place I have yet to fail. Jesus pointed to the future when he addressed the woman in adultery. He said, go and sin no more.

My counselor would say, resolve the past. My coach would say, face the future. Two sides of the same coin. Problem? Yes. We tend to tread water enjoying yesterday's failures. Yesterday's failures seem to give us permission to stay in the fog. I have an excuse, I am a loser.

BTW, this blog is a day late for two football teams: North Carolina State Wolfpack and Baylor Bears. Current realities: They get out of bed today with no chance of a perfect season. I get out of bed in the same condition. So, where do we go from here? No excuses. A lot of daylight today. Run toward it.

No comments: