Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Life is a Team Sport

I agree with Putman, Church is a team sport. So is marriage. So is parenting. Yada. Yada. Yada.

The road was long this morning. David and I planned a mid-week big run. He was on vacation and I was just feeling stupid. He did not show. I agree 4:45 a.m. is a bit early. My big run turned into 1/2 of a big run. Alone is just not the same.

When David and I run, we laugh. We make up funny things. We talk about grandchildren. We talk about how the race is a metaphor for life and a relationship with God. The journey is way too long to go solo. The trail is too dangerous and dark.

You can have all kinds of people around you, but you can still be going solo. You can be an extrovert and be running by yourself. Sometimes it feels easier and safer, but it's not. Phone a friend today.

No comments: