Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Am Who I Am, How Convenient!

Really? A Long time ago I picked up a book called, The Search for Significance. Robert McGee was the author. If you were to ask the 5 most influential books in my life other than the Bible Search would be on that list.

The premise of the book is that many of our beliefs are lies. When I confessed on Monday the most difficult person I had ever met was me, it was not a sign of concession. When I get to that point, I am sending a wrong message to the world about what God may be like. His very nature is to transform everything He touches.

Oh, one lie McGee wrote about is, I am who I am, I cannot change, I am hopeless. The church lady would say, how convenient! Lie as it may be, it also becomes an excuse to do nothing. No seeking God. No coaching, counseling, mentoring, honest conversations, accountability, prayer or bible study. No goals. Wow, I am getting sleepy just listing all the things missing from a life that has given up. I think I will take a nap now.

No comments: