Friday, July 27, 2007

My Soul is a Muscle

Great article in Fast Company July/August 07 by Made to Stick guys Heath and Heath, on leadership. They assessed leaders based on a "fixed" mind set vs. a "growth" mind set. The article title was "Leadership is A Muscle : How is your attitude and abilities affecting your success?"

I have a lot of "preacher" in me, yet I can enjoy reading material without a direct spiritual application. I think the voice of God might have forced me two the "direct spiritual" catagory on this one. In my relationship with Jesus do I have a "fixed" or "growth" mindset? Do I have an "it is what it is" attitude toward my walk. God gently reminded me, Dino, your soul is a muscle, as you work out your body with great passion almost every day, keep working out your soul. You have great potential (Phil. 2:12-13). See Blackaby quote at the bottom of this page.

4 comments:

Gary Sweeten said...

Dino, It is great to have your thoughts online. Welcome to the new world of preaching to the choirs all over the planet. I look forward to seeing you in print.

Bill Howard said...

I'm impressed! 1) that you made it to the blog world - you're ahead of me there. 2) that you were up and writing at 4:49. Yvette kick you out of bed again?

God did a great job when he wired your brain. I'm looking foward to reading your thoughts.

awaken columbia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric Geiger said...

Dino

your the man for blogging again. glad your back in the game...

geiger