Saturday, July 28, 2007

More Time with Less People

Enjoying lunch with my former pastor, Terry Fields, today. I will be preaching at Briarlake in Decatur tommorrow. Tommy Ferrell is the pastor at Briarlake. These two men have had a profound influence on me. My life with God is different because of them. As I write, Terry and I are in Panera Bread talking about authentic faith.

Been thinking more lately about how God has blessed me with friends. I just finished a eulogy for my friend from New Orleans, Bill Gwinn. Fun memories! I received some great comments on my new blog from friends and mentors. Where would I be, who would I be without them? I never sit in the chair alone.

The greatest gift God gives us beyond His son, Jesus, is people. Enjoy your "people" today. Learn from them, love them, and by all means, slow down! Spend more time with less people.

No comments: