Thursday, October 2, 2008

Beating Yourself: A Higher Bar Than You Think

Yesterday I talked about the front runners. I have noticed how safe it is to live in the past. Organizations do it, churches do it, people do it. Another safe option is to make excuses for our present. I am particularly gifted at that.

What would it take for you to beat you? The vast majority of people, organizations, etc., that I come in contact with used to be/do better. The real Old Timer's disease if you will. For you to beat you is the highest possible bar you could ever set.

Let's see, who said this? Was it a distance runner, a NASCAR driver, an NFL coach?

But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead . . .

And the rest of the quote that will give it away . . .

I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus (The Bible, Philippians 3:13,14 - Spoken by the Apostle Paul ).

Paul was called the World's Most Successful Christian. Talk about your high bar!

No comments: