Thursday, December 24, 2009

What a Year! Wrap Your Arms Around That!

Dec. 31, 2008 was the first day of our What a Year! year. Our second grandson was born. The year is ending with new thoughts about a Savior. Brock was the sixth live birth in our family. Every single birth was an invitation to a life-changing relationship - no Christmas would ever be the same.

As we prepared for Christmas 2009 my mind goes back to another live birth. Wait, hold on, not that one yet. A mere 50 years ago my parents had a new baby boy to add to the Christmas celebration. Six weeks old at the time, I was more than a baby. I was a new relationship for the next 50 years of their journey. A day would not go by that I would not at least cross their minds. The first 25 years there were plenty of long conversations. The last 25 not as many but always a thought.

Much has been said about the Savior, Christ the Lord. Although absolute truth slept in a manger when the Way, Truth, and Life came to earth, the ramifications move beyond. The Word became flesh also offered a new relationship. Jesus is Savior, but Jesus is also a new relationship. He is a God so big I can't wrap my brain around Him, yet He became so small that I could wrap my arms around Him. A God and a relationship in one. Awesome! Merry Christmas 2009 from the Senesi family.

1 comment:

Sid said...

Well said my brother...Merry Christ-x to you guys from us guys !