Friday, December 26, 2008

No Ceiling

When was the last time God spoke to you about what He wanted to do and you were scared to death by its magnitude? Henry Blackaby posed this question in his devotional thought for today (www.blackaby.org). I am not sure how warm and fuzzy the question feels. Sure fits in the Christmas story, according to the Bible.

The ceiling caught my attention early this morning. I was in the middle of doing one of those rock hard abs exercises. The Lord questioned my belief in His ability. If the room (my office) was the size of the universe, and all that could be done went only to the ceiling, than I would be even more terrified. God, who can cause a virgin to have a baby, who can feed multitudes with a small boy's lunch, who breathes live into every human thing, has no ceiling. Faith 101. Right? Yeah, but a friendly reminder never hurt a thing.

No comments: