Thursday, December 18, 2008

Campfire Weenies II

Do you believe all things work out in the end? Be careful how your answer. It depends on what you mean by "all" and "things" and "work out." So many false assumptions can drive your "belief." If you are describing a higher belief, a theological statement, and your view of God as sovereign of the universe, then all things will work out according to His plan.

Often I tie big ideas about God with my little ideas about "all" and "things" and "work out." Whose pleasure is most important? My pleasure or His? Now this gets a little more spooky for your average Campfire Weenie (me). My view of God is that He is kind and caring. He is however, Father (bigger and smarter), and King (His word is flawless and final).

The small scripts in my life and my desire for them all to be resolved perfectly doesn't fit my view of God. Some things will go unresolved. Some stories will not have the "right ending."

I have never felt more compelled to bomb you with a clithe' here. This Christmas, no matter how much your day to day scripts are lacking . . . or how much terror they may cause . . .

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater!

No comments: