Thursday, August 23, 2007

Michael Vick Walked Off A Cliff

Did anyone ask Michael Vick what he was thinking? Reports yesterday alleged he had been involved in dogfighting since 2001. Could that large an operation have gone unnoticed? I listened to ESPN radio yesterday as that question became the rant of the day.

No question, people had to know. Why didn't they confront? People may have asked the question, "Michael, man, what are you thinking?" But not many . . . some assumed it would not matter, others were afraid he would get angry, even others did not want to get involved. So, they watched a gifted and influential young man walk off a cliff.

One of those gifts in my life, my pastor, Bill Howard, challenged me with this idea. He was the first. We were in a men's group fretting over a hard conversation with someone about stupid choices they were making. Bill asked us, "Are you going to let them walk off a cliff because you are afraid to say something?" His question haunts me as I battle with my desire to be liked and my fear of being wrong . . . as I watch people I love walk off cliffs. What a life of contradictions!

"Like an earring of gold and an ornament of fine gold is a wise rebuker to an obedient ear (Proverbs 25:12)."

Intensive Church Planter Training 807 is history http://www.icpt807.blogspot.com/. What fun! The best part was the stories of life change that are happening right now. Vision Carolinas is the power of God re-landscaping communities through life change (Isaiah 55:13). I can see more clearly now, God's future. Stay tuned.

No comments: