Friday, January 1, 2010

Prepare in January - Launch in February

Take the month of January to prepare. Launch your effort to reach your goal, February 1. Over half the people who set new year goals have no plan in place to help reach their goal.

What if I called you on January 1, 2010 and invited you to hike the Appalachian Trail for a week? "Sounds interesting," you might say, "but my spring is pretty busy, might be summer before I can get the days off." "No, I am going tomorrow," I reply. You think I am nuts. Preparation to research, buy, or borrow the right equipment is needed. People closest to you need to know your plans. You have work and other responsibilities that will be affected. This is not to mention some physical conditioning that might help you enjoy yourself more. An invitation to a journey of that magnitude could only be successful if you take time to prepare.

A serious goal is like a long journey. Think about some ways you can prepare for the long journey of a significant goal.Tomorrow I will give some steps to help you prepare.

No comments: